It doesn’t blow my mind that the month of June has already gone by, as shocking as that might be, but it’s kind of mind blowing that 2014 is more than half over but New Years seems like just last week. June was a good month, both as my Birthday month (I turned 20 – eek) and in terms of a month for blogging changes. I’ve changed the name of my blog (not by choice), upgraded it and have switched a variety of things around, aided by my new camera and been pleased with the 25 posts I’ve put up during the sunny and summery month — no complaints there if you ask me. Here’s a roundup of what I thought were my standout posts and I’ll try to be somewhat concise about it. I’m not promising anything though…
1. The Fuss-Free and Wearable Smoky Eye – where I provide my more detailed approach to my standard smoky eye than I can reasonably offer during my ‘The Daily Face’ posts, without writing a little novella.
2. The Summer Edit – where I provide a full-on standard seasonal ‘edit’ kind of post for the current season without nearing the territory of overkill. It was difficult to narrow the products down but I was rather pleased with the end result.
3. The Essential: NARS Orgasm Blush– where I articulate my love for the polarizing half cult-favourite and half overrated product much later than I originally should have.
4. The Acquisition: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet– where I offer an abridged but comprehensive and all-inclusive account of my newest foundation love. My feelings haven’t changed one bit in the last month, unless they’ve perhaps grown stronger. I’m in a committed relationship with this one, not interested in settling for any other options more than once or twice a week at most.
5. The Daily Face #16– where I have written my first post with the new camera and am still pleased with the improved results and also did an everyday kind of makeup wordy post that I was pleased with the result of altogether. I rather liked the above photo and that might have slightly influenced my decision to include it here…
What were your June highlights?