While I’ve definitely been enjoying the fact that I’m free to now have days with honestly no productivity, it feels good to be back into the every-other-day-ish blogging schedule – this kind of productivity that I will make an exception for. Regardless, I’m excited to bring forward an edited selection of the products that I’ve currently got my sights on. Now, last month’s post was so late so the lack of time between these two posts and the fact that I have not been shopping ensures that last month’s choices still apply but I didn’t want to bore any of us to tears if I could help it.
- Bioderma Sensibio Tolerance Plus Moisturizer ($26.95): I’m kind of reaching the very near end of both of the standard moisturizers in my rotation and obviously I’ve got my eye out for a new one; my love for the Sensibio range and the reasonable price of Bioderma’s latest release has made it a strong contender. It has a no-frills but soothing formulation that’s free of a variety of irritants (including fragrance) and contains high concentrations of ingredients that I trust to nourish and soothe my easily-upset skin (glycerin, cocoglycerides and sodium PCA). It’s intriguing that the product is marketed towards my ‘intolerant’ skin that experiences redness and irritation as a result.
- Bath & Body Works Bow Ties & Bourbon 3-Wick Candle ($22.50): I’ve been on roll with burning my candles completely as of late, so obviously I’m thinking of buying more to reward myself and this supposedly cologney scent has caught my eye. Described as “an elegant and stylish blend of polished dark oat, fresh bergamot and a hint of bourbon spirits” and housed in gorgeous but not overly girly or over-embellished blue packaging, this candle appeals to my androgynous-leaning scent preferences and love for a bit of depth, woodiness and spice even in the warmer months. I’ve heard that it reads a little fresher and even has a hint of vanilla warmth – yum.
- MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation in NW20 ($38.50): I’ve been using my generous sample of MAC’s latest foundation and have been loving it after being surprised to learn that my local store got it early – I had been waiting on news of MAC’s latest dry-skin friendly foundation but hadn’t been expecting on hearing of anything until after its official release – and that its shade range does not run ridiculously orange, yellow, or weirdly dark. I’ve been enjoying using this as a fuller-coverage foundation that doubles as a concealer – even underneath my dry eyes. This natural finish foundation will be my next foundation purchase after my Rimmel Wake Me Up finally hits the dust.
- MAC Huggable Lip Colour in Soft Talkin’ ($24): I both adore MAC Lipsticks and all of these sheerer balmy formulas so its completely reasonable that I want to try MAC’s formulation. The Huggable Lip Colours have been made available as a limited edition product yet again and I’ve got my eye on one, particularly this one described as “warm peachy nude”.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara ($10-12): I’m a massive fan of L’Oreal mascaras in general and I’m always looking for an intense volumizing formula, so this more recently released formula has caught my eye. I’m sure the brush is gimmicky but I’m not overly fussed about brushes, having fairly large eyes and long lashes and I’m actually running low on mascara now after the mascara buying binge six or so months ago. I forsee this one making its way into my cart…
- ColourPop Highlighter in Wisp ($8 US): I was all ready to chalk the emerging brand’s success and growing reputation down to marketing and general hype, until I saw the highlighters featured in videos and blog posts and was immediately intrigued by the cream-souffle texture and sheeny reflective finish. Although it might appear as a bit too dark to be ideal for my fair skin, I’ve got my eye on the beigey golden-champagne ‘Wisp’ – it looks like it would read as neutral and add glow to my cheeks and general warm skintone. It should also be noted that the brand new bronzers are also tempting me beyond belief, even though I just bought my Guerlain loveliness.