I’m beyond exhausted – and beyond sleep deprived as well – so I can’t be too sure of what might follow but I’ve compiled my thoughts on five newer launches that I’ve been curious about trying. Here I go…
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette ($64): This is an outward lie – the latest Naked release from Urban Decay has been out for perhaps near a month and I actually own it, so it’s not on my radar. However, it was on my radar until last week when I picked it up at Sephora’s bonus points and gift bag promotion and I’m definitely impressed.
- Paula’s Choice Clear Acne Body Spray ($24 US): Unfortunately the most of my acne struggles have been on my body and even more unfortunately, they haven’t seemed to dissipate with time but gentle salicylic acid products have really seemed to help me and this spray formula is particularly interesting, given its ability to spray at any angle. Also, you get a good amount of product and it has a formula loaded with other beneficial ingredients, such as anti-irritants that could also be used on the face without missing out. I am in the market for a BHA for the face…
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($46): While I wouldn’t say I’m anywhere as obsessed as most of us in the blogosphere, I do want to get my hands on this limited-edition “white gold with pinky peach undertones” shade because I’ve been speedily falling in love with Becca’s highlighter formulas and have been tempted to try a powder variation. I’ve been torn between trying Opal and Moonstone because I truly would prefer a combination of the two shades and from what I’ve deduced, Champagne Pop is that mix – with champagne-peach undertones but still suitable on fairer skins.
- Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care in 03 Peach Tea ($18): Having such dry, chapped and sensitive lips and favouring low-maintenance formulas, the concept behind the YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oils has really appealed to me, where the lips are nourished with a balmy formula while a tint is left behind even after the balm dissipates, but I was not ready to shell out 35 dollars – and these seem like such an intriguing alternative. The peach-coral hybrid shade is also pleasantly up my alley and firmly in my comfort zone.
- Bath & Body Works Flannel 3-Wick Candle ($22.50): Flannel, the androgynous warm and musky candle with that enticing pear kind of note, was my favourite candle discovery last Fall so surely it’s not a product that has just been released for the first time. However, it has re-emerged again after disappearing before the winter last year and I’m counting the days until I can justify picking another one up so it is most definitely on my radar. If you’re into “mandles”, this one is a must.
One thought on “On My Radar #1”
That Sephora Oil Infusion lip gloss is on my wish list too – for the same reason, not willing to pay for the YSL and hopefully I’ll like this concept! 🙂