I honestly was not planning on doing an entire post dedicated to the upcoming (and currently going on for VIB Rouge-ers) Sephora VIB Sale because of all of the countless others that are floating around and my lack of time to write nearly as many posts as I would like. However, I have time for a post today and I was feeling like writing on the products that I’m thinking about along with a few products I would personally recommend. Because there’s lots of overlap on my first list with my last wishlist post, I’ve denoted those items with a star – and you can read more on those here.
The Lust List
- *NARS Steven Klein One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette ($92): In terms of holiday palettes, this large and economical one has caught my eye. I do already have the Paloma Contour Blush in full-size but I wouldn’t mind having the shades in a more accessible form – as I love them so much – and it has a myriad of cult-favourite NARS shades that I’ve wanted to try but haven’t managed to get around to – Laguna, Luster and Dolce Vita to name a few.
- *REN Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial ($74): I’m well aware that this concentrated lactic-acid based treatment is likely not worth the hype but I really want to try out something with the other alpha hydroxy acid in it, and this one seems gentle – so a 20% off time period would be ideal to take the plunge.
- *Tangle Teezer Original Detangling Hairbrush ($20): I’ve mentioned my insanely tangly hair on many an occasion and seeing as I struggle with this affliction, I want to try the original version of the brush that claims to eradicate them altogether.
- *Laneige Bright Review Original Serum ($59): I’m desperate to add a product with niacinamide to my routine because of its cell-communicating, breakout eliminating benefits and this serum intrigues me with its potent concentration.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($66): For years, I’ve heard amazing things about this beyond pricy foundation but it’s never been available to me – as we don’t have a counter – until the brand launched at Sephora. I don’t exactly need a foundation per se, but I’ve got to see if this foundation delivers on its promises on dry skin as everyone claims…
- Miss Dior Eau de Parfum ($80-$150): For a year now, I’ve been holding onto the remaining drops of my sample bottle of this guy and every time I do wear it, I fall in love. This warm and spicy jasmine, patchouli and citrus scent instantly makes me feel more pulled together slash sophisticated and does not strike as offensive in the least. The sale is a good opportunity to take the plunge for another perfume and I might very well use it…
My Product Recommendations
- Living Proof Curl Detangling Rinse ($32): If you’re in the market for a luxurious conditioner that’s almost impossibly lightweight but has the best slip and detangling power in this world, look no further. It has a different gelatinous texture that is not the most thick and hydrating product in existence but it offers enough moisture while leaving the hair weightless. The scent is rather perfect, too. It’s definitely one to try especially for fine haired curly and wavy types.
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop ($46): I do believe that this visibly-shimmery golden champagne highlighter is worth the hype if you love quite a glow and don’t suffer too much from enlarged pores and you find super-warm face products flattering – because the undertones are strong in this one and are not universal in my opinion. I do love it, though.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone ($23/$50): If you’re interested in that glow but are looking for a less obviously shimmery and gold-leaning option, I definitely think that the liquid products in the cult favourite shades are the way to go. They add serious glow without the shimmering factor and do not highlight pores to the same degree – and Moonstone might be more universal, especially on fairer skins.
- Sephora Collection Master Cleanse Daily Brush Cleanser ($11-19): If you’re as lazy as I am and are looking for an easy way to clean your brushes on the daily with little downtime, look no further. This spray does exactly that without containing alcohol and therefore does not irritate the skin or damage brushes in the long run.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Brigitte ($39): NARS’ hella-expensive lipstick formula is phenomenal, as I’m sure you’ve heard from myself and countless others – but sales like this one are the perfect opportunity to try it out. The lipsticks are great because of their longevity along with their perfect semi-matte finish thats comfortable but doesn’t migrate like glossier formulas do – and there’s impressive pigmentation. If you’re looking for a neutral rosy-but-not-too-pink shade, my vote goes to Brigitte. I’m contemplating on taking the plunge for another shade myself.