Another day, another non content rich blog post. In the last few years, I’ve made a conscious effort to be a smarter shopper, only buying things I love and will get use of. This post kind of came to fruition from me deliberating over potential future purchases. Enjoy.
- Zara Coat with Wrap Collar ($259 CDN): It’s true that I certainly don’t need another coat; for interest, the next item included will be the coat that I recently bought — I love it and it’s still available. In the past few years, it’s been difficult to find wool coats with flattering nipped in waists and this camel option would be great day to night option. It does tick the boxes that I’ve had in mind for a few years now but I’m trying to tell myself that I can hold out and wait to see if it’s included in their post Holiday sale. After all, I most certainly do not need it.
- Zara Oversized Boucle Coat ($139 CDN): I’m actually kind of cheating by including this coat, as I already picked it up after deliberating when it was included in Zara’s 50% off mad-dash Black Friday clown fiesta. It’s a warm grey colour that looks great with all of the grey in my wardrobe and matches everything I wear, as it is actually a neutral. It’s oversize shape is actually balanced by the wide lapels and feels like wearing a blanket. An incredibly chic blanket. I’m in love. I’d say it’s worth a look at full price too. I will say it definitely runs large, especially for an item from Zara. It only has a small amount of wool content but is warm enough for a mild winter, in the freezing to about -10 range.
- Zara Plaid Double Breasted Blazer ($99.90 CDN): I promise this is the end of my Zara musings for this post. This is an incredibly stupid item to be wanting to buy, as I bought the black, red and white plaid version of this earlier in the fall and this is merely a slight variation on the theme. It’s an oversized double breasted boyfriend blazer style with more of an emphasis on the white and a bit of houndstooth thrown in. If you were thinking of investing in a plaid boyfriend blazer, I think this one is super cool but I won’t let myself buy it. No matter how much I want to.
- Nine Zero Lacquer Onesie ($9 US): Before mid December, it had been a hot minute since I painted my nails. However, I’ve been having fun with this brand’s crelly (cream/jelly plus glitter) formula and I’m lusting after another polish. The formulas are really good, sidenote.
- Babaton Lance Cardigan ($168 CDN): One of my most worn and loved pieces throughout the fall was my Babaton merino wool open cardigan that I’ve had since maybe 2016. My grey one is nearing the end of its life and I’m thinking about going for the longer version from this year. It’s lightweight but warm and doesn’t irritate my eczema in the slightest in the way many kinds of wool do.
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum ($119 CDN): I’ve been making an active effort in keeping my beauty purchases to a minimum, or at least somehow in check. And I’ve been thinking about adding another fragrance to my rotation, as I have a rather restrained collection, especially compared to all other things beauty. I’ve wanted this luxurious warm floral fragrance for years and I’m seriously considering nabbing it. It’s a citrusy warm floral with patchouli and vetiver.