Wishlist posts aren’t the most informative but sometimes materialism is exciting. Joking aside, sometimes there’s nothing like the euphoria of buying a new beauty product and have it work out for the better. Here are a few of the products on my radar:
- L’Oreal Infallible 24H Fresh Wear Foundation ($20 CDN | drugstores): When I started to think about writing this blog post, this foundation that everyone seems to be raving about was a true wishlist item. However, after hearing that people with dry skin were loving this heavier coverage foundation, I had to give it a try and it’s good. Spoiler alert: I bought it. It has a satin finish, offers medium-high coverage and has a fantastic shade selection, with different undertone offerings, particularly for shades on the fairer spectrum.
- Dior Forever Skin Glow 24H Radiant Perfecting Skin-Caring Foundation ($64 CDN | Sephora): I really need another foundation like I need another hole in my head because it really looks like this foundation will be similar to the discontinued Diorskin Star foundation, which I loved and am hoarding what remains of my bottle of it. I’m excited that there is a much better shade selection on this one and I love a good Dior base, especially one that promises glow and medium-buildable coverage.
- Paula’s Choice Omega+ Complex Moisturizer ($35 US | paulaschoice.com ): I have a few moisturizers on the go at the moment but after a friend of mine described this moisturizer as a fluffy cloud on your face and rather soothing, I’m very intrigued. This moisturizer has an interesting formula, containing antioxidant-rich plant oils, shea butter and a myriad of barrier restoring ingredients. I’m interested.
- DevaCurl Devafuser ($68 CDN | Sephora): I’m a big fan of diffusing my hair because my waves and curls take forever to air dry and because it adds some bounce and volume to my long fine hair. However, my diffuser that I have is old and falling apart. I’m really interested in this one because it the hand shape allows you to easily dry the roots with lift. It is ridiculously expensive for a dryer attachment though…
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate + Repair Protein Power Treatment ($13.96 CDN | Walmart): Despite the fact that I thoroughly disagree with this product being sold as a protein treatment, I really enjoyed my packet of this thick masque. It’s not heavy in the slightest and adds nourishment to the hair. I’ll pick up a jar the next time I’m somewhat near to a Walmart, which doesn’t seem to be overly often.