1. The new foundation that I’ve worn consistently since spotting it on Monday… I’m aware that I kind of sort of made a promise not to go out and buy a new foundation until I finished my Rimmel Wake Me Up but upon seeing the Diorskin Star Fluid in 20 for a good eight dollars less than expected, I couldn’t resist picking this one up and then wear it every single day that followed. It’s a good one…
2. A review here … I’ve been making an active effort to get into the habit of writing more individual product reviews and this one on the Marc Jacobs Brown(Out) Highliner was the weekly effort.
3. Quite possibly the standout post I read this week… I’m a big fan of reading blogs and do so on a frequent basis so it means something when I give one a shout out around here and I loved Tamira’s ‘Reflecting’ post. Obviously, she had her aesthetically-pleasing minimalist style going on in the background but she also wrote a really honest account on why she blogs in particular and I found it really relateable, agreeing with lots of what she said.
4. A Saturday Haul Post… I’ve mentioned before that I’m not entirely comfortable with the whole hauling post situation, but nevertheless, I posted one yesterday and I was rather pleased with it. Check out the edited list of purchases here, if you’re interested.
5. A notable meal at Pavia… I tend to hit up our favourite cafe with the mother fairly often and I always enjoy it immensely so I thought I would quit with the laziness and actually document it slightly. I looooove this toasted sandwich loaded with olives, proscuitto, cheese and olive oil and rather enjoyed my iced mint dragon green tea, as well, despite it not being a beverage of the espresso variety. If you’re ever in Nova Scotia (Halifax in particular), I recommend hitting up Pavia Espresso Bar & Cafe. Drool.
6. Just casually reading Dickens in the mall … So on Friday’s shopping trip I might have had time to kill but no effort to move from any sedentary position on account of the shopping bag situation so it would only make sense to get some reading done while I was at it. Right? I still felt rather odd.
7. A Daily Face Post… Monday’s post was a return to my ‘Daily Face’ series and this return was long overdue if you ask me. It actually followed an autumnal theme, as you can see here.
I will warn you that I’m feeling rather chatty/wordy today — I can’t decide which word is more appropriate because I know I’m writing but what I’m writing could easily be read aloud as its in that format, but I’ll stop now before this post gets overly critical-theory-y and just plain weirdly theoretical. On an oddly related note, I would separate my week into two thematic categories — perhaps this is a consequence of reading books thematically far too often — the fatigue and stress of coming up to my presentation on Wednesday and the sudden re-emergence of my cold that hit me harder than ever before. So, it wasn’t necessarily the most relaxing week but I didn’t mind too much.
You might also notice that I’m coming at you with this post on a Sunday after switching posts of this variety to a Monday a while back but this doesn’t necessarily mean that they are consistently going to go up on Sundays; I’m still undecided whether or not I want to assign them a day or go with the flow. Any thoughts?
I really did intend to get five posts out during the week (instead of the four), but I’m afraid that life got in the way. I was so ill on a few occasions that all I could do was close my eyes and hope that I would succumb to sleep so post writing and organization was not exactly in the cards. However, I’m feeling better but not amazing with my cough and irritating congestion so this week looks more promising.