With Sephora’s sale going on (for just VIB Rouge’s thus far), I find myself rather regretful that I didn’t just make one more measly purchase at Sephora in December and own up to the fact that I have a serious beauty product buying problem and become a Rouge member. Instead, I’m here waiting for the later sale that I’ve heard Sephora is going to offer to both VIBs like myself and Beauty Insiders. Last November I wrote a post detailing some of my product recommendations so I thought I would do the same this time but I’ll focus on different items – keep in mind that everything from this post remains standing.
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks ($37): There are some products that are borderline atrociously expensive but do perform excellently and these are one of them. I absolutely adore both the colour (I have the rosy shade, Brigitte) and the hydrating and no-fuss semi-matte lipstick formula. Even though these lipsticks do all of these things and coincidentally stain your lips in the nicest way to boot, it can be difficult to justify the cost so I would recommend going for it carefully when you have the option for a discount.
- Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle ($33): Going off of the Raspberry/Opal offering that I own and adore, these souffle-cream blush hybrids are the easiest, glowiest and no-fuss option that I believe that I’ve ever tried. They blend seamlessly into the skin with the fingers and leave their buildable tint along with the gorgeous sheen that is marbled throughout. These aren’t exactly a cream blush but they are an excellent one if you want to get out of your powder comfort zone.
- Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Cuir Cannage ($63): Countless times, I’ve named these Dior quints as my favourite eyeshadows of all time and while I was disappointed that they discontinued their entire range in favour of new shades, I’ve fallen in love with this slightly smokey neutral offering. The creamy shadows have a nice variety of finishes, blend with ease, last ages and don’t fall down on your face. I also adore the shade composition: a matte caramel colour, a deep plum-toned black colour with an almost matte finish, a shimmery plum, a sheeny taupe and a nice shimmery champagne highlight colour. The formula is just as impressive, let me tell you!
- Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion ($16): In terms of skincare, I had to mention the product that turned me onto my love of chemical exfoliants and still it remains an excellent one – it’s effective with 0.5% BHA but is the gentlest and is impressively cost-effective. This one is definitely an unsung hero, especially considering that it’s hydrating, soothing and alcohol-free unlike their infamous paint-stripping offerings.
- Caudalie Vinosource Intense Moisture Rescue Cream ($40): I know that I said that I wasn’t going to do repeats in this post from last time but this lightweight and soothing moisturizer was too wonderful to resist including it twice. Although it has a light texture, it’s impressively hydrating and if you’re on more of the combination side of things I would go for the Sorbet variation.
- Bumble & Bumble Repair Blow Dry ($17/$37): First things first, there is absolutely no haircare product that can repair hair that is already damaged but it does work well to minimize the look and reduce damage over time by functioning as a heat protection. It does what it says, operating as a cream-serum used during the blow drying stage and more than that it leaves my wavy-curly hair so soft when used to blow dry it, offers control that allowed my hair to straighten nicely and stay that way and it was lightweight enough that I was able to get nice movement and life at the crown. I’ve only used this a few times, however, but it’s just that good.
- DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel ($26): There’s nothing that defines curls, controls frizz and makes textured hair look nearly as amazing as a good gel does – I would say that this one is among the very best and it’s not the priciest in the world. It has a nice amount of hold and provides great control to the hair whilst being lightweight and it never leaves the hair feeling sticky, heavy or weird.