Believe it or not, I have discovered something positive about my consistent tardiness in putting these kind of posts – wanna hear what that is? When I’m writing these weekly posts far after I’m supposed to, I don’t have to have deep inward contemplations over what tense to use while describing the week because it’s far gone. This is about as positive as I’ll ever get and you would be correct to detect my genuine sarcasm and generally misunderstood sense of humor. Well, for the first time in ages, I stayed home from class today, feeling like I was drowning in the ocean that is my cold-filled respiratory system, unable to move and like a large animal was pounding my skull. I’m pleased to report that things have made a turn for the better and I’m able to do something as productive as actually write a post, but actual coherency is out of the question so I’m returning to point form format.
- I stopped into the drugstore and this happened… I was kind of in need of another bottle of the La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP, as I had finished my previous smaller bottle and I spotted the larger one on sale so I grabbed it along with the Garnier Fructis Deconstructed Texture Tease that I’ve been oh-so-eager to try.
- My favourite video of the week … Although I thought at first I might be biased as it was watched on campus as a nice break to the stress of things at the moment but now that I’ve thought about it and rewatched it, I say for certain that Amelia’s “Autumnal Skincare Overhaul & Favourites” video was my favourite one of the week and I’m pleased to have added a product or three to my wishlist as I have similar sensitive skin concerns to her and she gives good advice in my experience. Caudalie Vinosource Overnight Recovery Oil, I’ve got my eye on you!
- Lattelattelatte… I’m passionate about caffeine of the general variety but these lattes are my favourite and this one was from last Monday when we went out to a local coffee shop to celebrate my good pal Lauren’s birthday. T’was a good time and the caffeine was much appreciated especially considering how drab and overwhelmed I was feeling.
- A favourite of my favourites posts … In terms of posts from the last week, I was particularly pleased with my September Favourites. I liked how it turned out and not just because I have this intense love for favourites posts in general.
- The Monday Morning Edit… This was another post that I was pleased with within the last week and considering how many likes I got on this post, I’d assume that as a whole you enjoyed my ‘The Monday Morning Edit’ too.
- The weekly picture of my face… This makeup that I wore on Friday might just have been my favourite ‘look’ that I wore all week and it certainly photographed the best. I’m loving the slightly orangey red, the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 110 Kiss of Life and plan on wearing it again soon.
I might very well have mentioned how overwhelmed and stressed that I’ve been feeling lately on account of that typical schoolwork thing that tends to happen to us all but regardless, it is the reason why this post is coming at you a wee bit late and why I haven’t been able to post as regularly as I’ve liked. Despite my lack of evidence in photos, I have been drowning with tasks to get done and perhaps have spent far too much time actively thinking about everything that I’ve had to get done and procrastinating from thinking about it all. It’s been one of those weeks but it hasn’t been too horrible, I suppose.
How was your week?
1. An addition to the whole blogging notebook family… Being as perpetually disorganized as I am (but still a notebook freak), I’ve decided to up my game by adding another notebook to my blogging game – one for planning out individual posts in full, rather than just fitting the details of everything together. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it ups my blogging game!
2. An edit of my beauty bits for when the cold hits… I still have last week’s cold and it hasn’t exactly dwindled in the slightest and seeing as I have to act human and get out and face the world, I thought I would share the essential beauty bits and an add-on or five here.
3. Essentially my week in picture form… The unbearable fatigue, stuffy and runny nose and general crappiness that has summed up my week. And I have a super cute zit, too. Woo.
4. A daily face that I was partial too… I really liked my makeup on Friday and I took a decent picture too so it obviously had to include it. On my eyes, I’m wearing the Maybelline The Nudes Palette that I’ve picked up and am fairly impressed with along with my fave MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick.
5. Another document of my week… I might have only started classes again recently but the reading has piled up and I wasn’t going to let a measly cold stop me from getting things done – no. I’ve been forcing myself in a slightly upright position to do my reading with a tissue box in the other hand for some appearance of having manners.
6. A post on the Productive Pamper, a subject that I know fairly well … Obviously, I wrote a post yesterday and the subject of that post was how to give yourself a bit of a pamper while getting stuff done. Part of said pamper was lighting the above candle — I’ve finished with my summer ones. Woot.
7. Perhaps my favourite distraction this week… I really love magazines and I’ve been obsessively pouring through this special issue of Glamor, dedicated to all things beauty. It’s actually worth the ten dollars that I didn’t realize that I was going to pay for it.
Remember that cold that I was going on about on Thursday? Well, it certainly hasn’t passed yet. I’m still so tired/fatigued that its ridiculous but on top of that I don’t seem to be able to sleep more than two hours at a time without waking up, my whole body has become dehydrated like a prune despite my best efforts to inhale gallons of water and slather my entire body with cream and I can’t seem to stop sniffling and/or blowing my nose. Plus, there’s that cough that I’m in denial about… Okaaay, I’ll stop with the complaining now. I’ve been feeling fairly craptastic this week but regardless, I appear to be alive and putting along, writing a few blog posts here and there, while I’ve been at it. I might only be on my third week of classes but I feel the strain of it already. Figures.
How was your week?
P.S. Any other cold sufferers?
I can easily say that I’ve been doing these posts for a while now — note the edition number — and I have made a few changes already but here I am making another small change yet again. Often I’ve found myself wanting to write different posts while in that laid back and relaxed Sunday frame of mind and because of this I’m trying this out on a Monday. It’s been really hot again this week, remaining humid with consistent 30 degree weather and sunshine and as nice as this weather has been to enjoy outdoors, it really hinders my productivity as all I seem to be able to do is complain, sit in front of my fan and eventually escape to the outdoors. Speaking of the outside, I began working on my laptop in the shade by my garden and it was divine. On an equally as positive note, the power outages and heavy lifting seems to have subsided, only to be replaced with more low-key activities.
This week I couldn’t get enough of my Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil –I mean that I often make use of this cleansing oil but I’ve been loving this one all week and has actually got me out of my slight skincare lazy streak that I’ve been in as of late (relying far too much on Bioderma) and only has one fault – the packaging. Because of the leaking issue that the cleansing oil has, I could not muster the effort to photograph it because every time that I’ve tried this before there has been a bit of a leaking disaster involved. Without realizing it, I ran out of cotton pads (which I use to remove my eye makeup) and I decided to take a risk and actually use this cleansing oil on the eyes also and it paid off as it removes eye makeup very well without irritating my sensitive eyes in any shape or form. Being able to use this as a cleanser on my face and eyes to remove all my makeup has been enjoyably practical and fuss-free. It removes longwearing eyeliner fantastically without any blurring, stinging or inside-eye oiliness involved. It’s affordable, effective, agreeable to my sensitive skin and feels luxurious so it does tick all of the boxes.
It actually looks like this is going to be a brief one. As usual, I’m interested to know how your week as gone but today I hope you’re feeling a little better than I am — I’m feeling quite gross. Happy Monday … if that’s possible!
Another week has passed and regardless of how I might make it sound, nothing particularly groundbreaking in an exciting or catastrophic manner has happened and deviated from the usual pattern too much much – stressing about my whole jobless state but not doing anything about it other than consoling myself by staring at various beauty products and gushing about them in the archives here (and to anyone who can stand to listen in real life) plus the whole escaping the heat situation outdoors. Actually scrap that; this week my cousin’s family who own the house next door (and a pool), have returned for the summer (they have lived abroad for years) and have opened their pool this week which obviously lead to some swimming in the gorgeous water. However, in my typical clumsy fashion I managed to injure myself, at the very least straining a muscle in my arm preparing the pool for swimming, before somehow casually ending up locked in their basement bathroom for nearly half an hour without being noticed. Luckily someone else was looking to use the toilet and after they pushed on the door from the other side to unlock it, I was discovered with my lovely dark bruise on my thigh that I acquired in an actual attempt to break down the door. I wasn’t overly injured or actually in an anxious state so that’s a small victory for me especially considering that being trapped in locked spaces was a fear that plagued me as a child.
As much as I’ve enjoyed the change in pace with these posts away from a standard account of my standout products of the week, I’ve missed sharing a few of my staples so I thought I would go back to my roots and highlight a few. First there’s the Vichy Thermal Spa Water,one of those overpriced water mists that I swore I would never succumb to the allure of. In my defense, the mother passed this onto me after receiving it as part of a gift (so I didn’t actually spend money) and I’ve enjoyed using it in the place of an alcohol-based setting spray to help makeup sit on the skin in a more flattering way. The next product, the Now Solutions 100% Natural Shea Butter, follows along with the same theme of simplicity except without any of the gimmick. I have tried many many things to deal with my uber-itchy and sensitive eczema-ridden legs and this balmy texture works better than even coconut oil at soothing these patches. Plus, the thick-textured balm doesn’t leave that oily feeling for minutes afterwards so you know that it’s one to try. I swear I didn’t intend on this but the third is also of simple and nondescript variety but it’s definitely one I’ve come to appreciate in recent weeks. MAC Harmony Powder Blush, despite its name is obviously an ever-so-slightly warm toned contour powder that never fails to add natural looking definition and colour to the face without ever verging into that orangey or muddy territory.
So I’m now off to prepare for helping my cousin get ready for prom (hair and makeup etc.) and follow her around obsessively on this so-called big day in her life. Man, I’m starting to feel old…
What were the highlights of your week?