In the last few weeks I’ve been trying to be creative and make more use of my neglected Naked palette. The thing is I tend to find the palette too shimmery and too warm to be a palette to use for a bunch of different whole looks but I’ve been managing to create a few that I’ve liked. This one has by far been my favourite as I think it’s really pretty without being overdone, defined and versatile. This is the kind of makeup that I find suits casual days to going-out nights. It’s nothing spectacular, I just thought that I would share! 🙂
If you don’t have the colours I have, I’ll try to give some alternatives at the end; there’s nothing I hate more than a look I like but own none of the colours for.
1. I primed my eyes with Primer Potion and then I used the brush that comes in the Naked Palette to pat a good amount of Sin on the inner half of the lid and Toasted on the outer half and then blended the edges together.
2. So I sort of cheated a little – I used one shadow not in the Naked Palette. I used the darker shade of Nars Kalahari (the right side) in the crease with a fluffy blending brush.
3. I filled in my brows lightly with Buck on an angled brush.
5. I applied Hustle into the outer-v and then blended outwards with my MAC 239.
6. Using my angled liner brush again, I applied Hustle underneath my eye in the outer corner.
7. I lined my upper lashes with same brush using Darkhouse and smudged it. I also applied some on my MAC 239 brush and used it to darken the outer v.
8. I highlighted the browbone and brightened the inner corner with Virgin.
9. I used L’Oreal Voluminous mascara on my upper lashes.
I’m sorry but I maybe sort of used the same cheek and lip products as in the other look … but at least its proof of their excellence? 🙂
10. I used Rimmel Wake Me Up in 100 for my foundation which I really like the colour match for my skin, the glow it provides, its lasting power and that it’s not too noticeable.
11. I put the second-lightest colour of Make Up For Ever 5 Concealer Cream Palette – my shade is 1- underneath my eyes and onto rather pronounced blemishes.
12. I used Rimmel Natural Glow Bronzer in 021 on my cheekbones, forhead, temples, nose and blended it into my neck to bronze my face up slightly with a large blush brush.
13. I placed MAC Stereo Rose MSF on my cheeks with the same brush, blending it into the bronzer. I know this is LE, but I’ll talk about other options below 🙂
14. I put the tiniest bit of Benefit’s Girl Meets Pearl highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones.
15. With my finger, I dabbed some Bobbi Brown Rose Pot Rouge onto my lips.
This sounds long but it wasn’t and was rather quick and easy!
UD Sin – MAC Naked Lunch, MAC All That Glitters for darker skintones
UD Virgin – MAC Shroom, MAC Dazzlelight is a golden alternative
UD Toasted – MAC Sable is slightly darker, MAC All That Glitters is slightly lighter
Nars Kalahari (Darker Shade) – I can’t think of anything extremely similar but UD Buck could be used in its place (if you’re warmer), MAC Charcoal Brown or Espresso – these are both matte although Kalahari has a sheen
UD Hustle – MAC Satin Taupe is similar
UD Darkhorse – Any brown darker than Hustle would work, I’ve heard Nars Cordura is similar, MAC Handwritten is similar without the shimmer but ever-so-slightly warmer, MAC Embark and Smut are also similar and they have some sheen to them
MAC Stereo Rose – MAC Springsheen is peachier, MAC Orgasm is pinker and lighter (without the bronze-ness) and Milani Coralina is slightly pinker and Rose d’Oro slightly more orange-leaning coral
Any thoughts? 🙂